here for more about the research.
To lose that Monday morning stress:
Can you name 5 characters from 5 different Disney Movies? We had fun with this as we tried to name as many characters, A-Z, that we could think of from all of our Disney animated movies. It turns out there's an A-Z list of these characters, with the name of their movie and the name of the person who did their voice, on Wikipedia here or go to Listology here for an alphabetical list of every animated movie ever created (according to them). Yes, there are plenty of other lists of this information on the Internet, these are just two we used for reference.
Hey, here's some interesting stuff--on this day, June 13th, in
- 1926 Paul Lynde, comedian (Uncle Arthur-Bewitched) was born
- 1962 Ally Sheedy, actress (St Elmo's, Short Circuit, Maid to Order) was born
- 1979 Darla Hood, actress (Little Rascals) died
- 1986 Benny Goodman the "King of Swing" died
- 1898 Yukon Territory of Canada organized and Dawson was chosen as the capital
- 1927 Ticker-tape parade welcomed Charles A Lindbergh to NYC
- 1940 Paris was evacuated before the German advance
- 1967 Thurgood Marshall was nominated as 1st black Supreme Court justice
- 1983 Pioneer 10 became the 1st man-made object to leave the Solar System
- Go to the Today-in-History page here to see what else happened today over the years.
And finally, a piece of useful trivia--
Like many girls and women, this time of year is frustrating for me because it's so difficult to find modest swimwear. Check out these websites I found for some new options:
Modest Clothing has information about swimwear from
- Lime Ricki
- Becoming Swimdress
FashionBelle Modest Clothing also lists quite a few options including
- http://www.modestswimwear4u.com/ (Princess Modest Swimwear)
- http://www.speedousa.com/ (Speedo Conservative Fit Swimwear)
- http://www.liliesapparel.com/ (Lilies of the Field Water Lilies for Ladies)
- http://www.recollections.biz/ (Victorian Bathing Costume)
- http://www.meanttobemodest.com/ (Homeschool Mom sews swimsuit dresses with matching leggings)
Why doesn't spell-check kick out 2sday as a misspelled word?