New King James Version
a division of Kregel, Inc.
2450 Oak Industrial Drive NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Lately I've been checking out the Evangelism Study Bible as part of a Kregel Blog Tour. I've really enjoyed the extras included in this Bible. There is an extensive list of features included in the beginning which is quite handy in finding pertinent sections regarding evangelism in each book of the Bible.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Holy Matrimony
- Alternative Lifestyles
- How to Answer Non-Christians Who Struggle over Corrupt Church Leaders
- How to Respond to People Who Say "Churches Only Want Money"
- How to Respond to Those Who Say Christianity Takes the Fun Out of Life
- How to Keep From Offending People in Evangelism
- How to Answer Those Who Say Christians are Hypocrites
- How to Share Christ with a Cult Member Who Knocks on Your Door
and many other relevant topics. Coverage of these topics is brief, helpful, and effective. Each topic includes mention of relevant scripture sections as well as discussion and helpful ideas to tackle tough questions.
Helpful resources in The Evangelism Study Bible include:
- Introductions to each book of the Bible which focus on evangelistic themes
- More than 2000 study notes
- Over 260 tips on issues in evangelism
- 125 articles on various issues
- 85 how-to features which contain hands-on advice
- 45 devotions
- Double-column format and explanatory notes
- Cross references
- Colorful maps
EvanTell, Inc., an evangelism training and outreach ministry based in Texas provides evangelism materials, training, and outreach events. This Bible combines their tools with an easy-to-read, understandable version of scripture.
I think this is an excellent study Bible that makes it easy for almost anyone to share the gospel with those around them. Having used a number of different study Bibles, I think this is definitely one of the best I've checked out. If you're looking for answers to tough questions and a bit of fresh perspective this is a great one to check out!
As always, opinions and comments in this review are my own. I was not obligated to provide a positive review.